Find here information related to this product. Wood Flooring NYC has experience working with this penetrating finish and can guarantee its quality and of course can guarantee your satisfaction when we provide this work for you.
Premium Satin colors from Dura Seal.
DESCRIPTION of Penetrating Finish DuraSeal
DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish is a semi-transparent stain formulated to seal, color and provide exceptional durability when used on bare wood and masonry surfaces. This rich blend of oil and resin gives hardwood floors a soft, satiny sheen. Available in colors to match any decor, DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish creates a bond with the wood that won’t scratch or wear away. Can be used with or without a finish coat.
- Properly prepare surface according to NWFA approved methods.
- Use a No. 100 grit screen [80 grit for 201 White] for the final sanding cut.
- Remove all dust with a broom and/or vacuum and tack surface with a clean towel moistened with mineral spirits.
APPLICATION of the Penetrating Finish Duraseal
- Stir or shake material thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply a test sample on a small inconspicuous area before proceeding with entire job. If desired, DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish #210 Neutral can be used to lighten any standard Penetrating Finish color.
- Apply the first coat of DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish liberally with a brush, lambs wool applicator or cloth at a coverage rate of approximately 500 square feet per gallon.
- Allow to penetrate for 5 – 8 minutes then remove excess by wiping with rags or by buffing with #2 steel wool. Removal of all excess material is essential to ensure proper dry time.
- If desired, apply a thin second coat at a coverage rate of approximately 800 square feet per gallon. Allow to penetrate and remove excess material in the same manner as the first coat [step 3 above].
NOTE: A second coat of DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish is not recommended with 350 VOC compliant material.
- Allow the final coat to dry at least 8 hours [for best results overnight] and apply a finish coat of your choice.
NOTE: For heavy traffic commercial applications, it is recommended that DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish be used without a finish coat, and periodically maintained with DuraSeal® Renovator Cleaner and Reconditioner.
Do not use steel wool when using DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish #201 White.
Immediately after use, place rags, steel wool and other waste in a sealed, water filled metal container. See cautionary statement.
DRY TIME & CURE of the Penetrating Finishing Duraseal
Approximately 8 hours to overnight. NOTE: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or incomplete removal of excess stain.
First coat – approximately 500 square feet per gallon. (Optional second coat – approximately 800 square feet per gallon.) A second coat is not recommended when using 350 VOC compliant material.
Clean equipment using paint thinner, turpentine or mineral spirits.
Regularly remove dust and dirt by sweeping or vacuuming. Periodic buffing will renew luster. Exceptionally worn areas may require an additional finish coat. Maintain floors sealed only with DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish with DuraSeal® Renovator Cleaner and Reconditioner.
|SEDONA RED (4.6)||QT||862434444||4||MSDS||PDS|
|ROYAL MAHOGANY (4.6)||QT||862084444||4||MSDS||PDS|
|NATURAL (4.6)||55 GAL||89200000||1||MSDS||PDS|
|SPICE BROWN (4.6)||QT||86237000||12||MSDS||PDS|
|MEDIUM BROWN (4.6)||QT||86228000||12||MSDS||PDS|
|COFFEE BROWN (4.6)||QT||86223000||12||MSDS||PDS|
|GOLDEN BROWN (4.6)||QT||86221000||12||MSDS||PDS|
|ANTIQUE BROWN (4.6)||QT||86216000||12||MSDS||PDS|
|NEUTRAL (4.6)||5 GAL||85210000||1||MSDS||PDS|
|SEDONA RED (4.6)||GAL||81243000||4||MSDS||PDS|
|SPICE BROWN (4.6)||GAL||81237000||6||MSDS||PDS|
|MEDIUM BROWN (4.6)||GAL||81228000||6||MSDS||PDS|
|COFFEE BROWN (4.6)||GAL||81223000||6||MSDS||PDS|
|GOLDEN BROWN (4.6)||GAL||81221000||6||MSDS||PDS|
|ANTIQUE BROWN (4.6)||N/A||81216000||6||MSDS||PDS|
|ROYAL MAHOGANY (4.6)||GAL||81208000||4||MSDS||PDS|
COMBUSTIBLE MIXTURE N.Y.F.D. C. OF A. NO.1187
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Contains mineral spirits. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Do not take internally. Skin irritant. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses when handling. Avoid inhalation and use only with adequate ventilation. If adequate ventilation cannot be maintained, wear respiratory protection [NIOSH/MSHA TC23C or equivalent] or leave the area. Do not use or store near heat, sparks, flame or other sources of ignition. Close container after each use.
Rags, steel wool or waste soaked with DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place rags, steel wool, and other waste in a sealed, water filled metal container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations.
If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. CALL PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. If affected by inhalation, remove to fresh air and CALL PHYSICIAN. In case of eye contact, immediately flush eyes thoroughly with water, then remove any contact lenses. Continue to flush eyes with water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, CONTACT A PHYSICIAN.
the information you can see above is at the DuraSeal own website.
Wood Flooring NYC is not affiliated with DuraSeal Products and the information provided here is solely for information purpose.
Wood Flooring NYC has experience and uses duraSeal Penetrating Finishing ( Stain) for years.
For any questions feel free to contact us at your best convenience !!